Friday, November 2, 2007

Cleaning in Cowboy Boots

I know, after so long, what's really the point? I'm getting to it, dude.

Written July 31, 2007
I spent an hour or so after work today cleaning my room, with ratty shorts and a t-shirt, my nano tucked into my sports bra, and cowboy boots.
I am a flip-flop girl. In fact, I hate wearing shoes, and take them off anytime I'm given the chance. But the cowboy boots had a purpose today - I am breaking them in for a trip in two weeks to a dude ranch in Wyoming. City Slickers Style.
While I've been planning for months with my friend Kate, who I 've known for about a year and a half now, it seems like it all crept up so fast on me. First, the trip was a very bad idea. It was the idea blurted out after a night of too much red wine, the first night I met Kate. She had been friends with the ex and he introduced us, although originally all I had to talk to her about him, about regrets, and about lost time.
There are too many things that I feel like I can't talk to her about, and sometimes I feel as if I befriended someone that spies for the enemy. I sometimes wonder if that feeling will ever go away.

But, right now, I'm busy breaking in the cowboy boots for a trip that will make me the person I always say I want to be: the adventurous one, the traveler, the dreamer. That, in a nutshell, has been this year for me. Through all the crap, all the heartache, all the mistakes I made over and over again, I did something right. I did something right to deserve the job that gives me chills. And I did something right to feel like I could continue this relationship, no matter how it began.

3 comments:

Husher7242 said...

Looking foraward to reading about the adventure.

SpeedySasquatch said...

hmmm ... we're cleaning with spurs on? I'm just trying to paint an accurate picture in my head ... HOT ... but this whole image is way too perverse for the internet!! Friends, boots, cleaning, ex-b.friends and the trifecta of relationships ...

write it up and send it off to 'Days of our Lives' and get it on TV ... it sounds like a perfect fit!!

Your Huntress said...

u had on cowboy boot and a sports bra? Why am i more surprised that you cleaned your room lol